Thursday, November 13, 2014

Display photos on an old tin!



On this Throwback Thursday I will begin my blogging with one of the crazy ideas out of my head. :)     A few months ago, I posted this to my FB page. I still have this displayed, and I still love it!

I bought a vintage tin at an estate sale that caught my eye. 50 cents, and I couldn't pass it up. :) That is my kinda deal. I struggled with displaying the tin as a whole, but I liked the front so much I decided to just remove it and display only the top.

Vintage tin top hanging for display to the left of "Pray" on a shelf.

I was happy with that, but just knew I could come up with some sort of purpose for the bottom.  Then it came to me! It's magnetic! So, with some adorable pics of my kiddos at the beach, some homemade magnets, and the bottom of a vintage tin, I have this one of kind photo display that not only easily allows changing out of the photos, but one nail or hook hangs it anywhere you would like with no problem. If you like to change things around as much as I do, you will really appreciate the versatility of this photo display!

Maybe you don't make it to estate sales or resale shops, or if you do you can't find a cool old tin for 50 cents. You can even take this a step further with just a bit more effort. Who doesn't have an abundance of Christmas tins somewhere in their family? (If you don't and you would like to try this photo display, I know for a fact you can purchase tins at your local dollar store.) Grab your choice of spray paint, or for the crafty painters out there, paint your choice design on your tin, and Voila! You have your personalized magnetic photo display tin.

If you have enjoyed this blog post, be looking for the next soon! My main goal of this blog is for awesome and unique photo display ideas, but you just never know what else I may feel like sharing. ;) If you have tried something similar to this, or rush off to try this as soon as you get a chance, I would love to hear from you and/or see a pic of your display!  

It is such an awesome thing to have the ability to share our ideas and gifts the way we can nowadays! My hope is that through this blog I can encourage you to get out some of those old photos, take new photos, and use them in your home. Photos are really and truly precious memories, and often the only route down memory lane. We need to keep those memories alive and pass them on to those we love. 

Have a blessed day, and thank you so much for taking the time to read my first blog post!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment